Before proceeding for the Vaishno Devi Yatra, pilgrims and devotees are requested to keep few instructions in mind in order to have a hassle-free journey to the Holy Cave of Vaishno Devi.
Things to Do during Vaishno Devi Yatra
- Obtain a Yatra Parchi (slip) free of cost from Yatra Registration Counter before proceeding for the trek. No one is allowed to proceed beyond Ban Ganga check post without it.
- Pilgrims are requested to check the real rates Dandi-Kandi, Horses/ Mules before hiring. Also, they should have their valid registration card.
- Please leave all unnecessary clothes and luggage at Katra itself and travel light. Food, drink, and blankets are freely available on the route.
- Cooperate with the security agencies for security checks. Beware of suspicious persons and unclaimed articles and report about the same to the security personnel.
- Pilgrims with any kind of medical problems are strongly advised against using the stairs.
- On arrival at Holy Bhawan, obtain the Group Number at the Yatra slip check post to get into the queue for Darshans.
- Proceed for Darshans only when the Group Number is announced and avoid crowding for Darshans at Gate number 1. Freshen up and wear clean clothes before proceeding for the Darshans.
- Deposit donations in the donation boxes kept at various locations or at the computerized donation counters.
- Darshans at Bhairav Nath temple are done only after Darshans at the Holy Cave.
- Video cameras and other electronic equipment are not allowed on the route.
- Avoid loud dresses, vulgar language or offensive talk or gestures. Please do not treat it as a picnic or a vacation.
- Refrain from smoking, liquor, chewing tobacco and betel leaves, spitting, spreading litter, playing cards etc.
- Avoid carrying too much cash, jewelry, and valuables and don’t trust strangers with belongings.
- Don’t write on the walls. Mutilating or damaging the property is a legally punishable offense with both fine and imprisonment.
- Avoid the usage of plastic bags during the Yatra and don’t dirty the region.
- Chanting of slogans or praises inside the cave is not allowed as it disturbs the other pilgrims.
- Don’t offer any cash or jewelry in front of the Holy Pindies. Instead, deposit the same in the donation/jewelry boxes.