The only legitimate way to get Helicopter Tickets for Vaishno Devi Yatra is through Shri Mata Vaishno devi Shrine Board’s Official Website. One way fare from Katra to Sanjichhat or Sanjichhat to Katra (Fare Rs.1005/- ) per passenger and Katra-Sanjichhat-Katra (Fare Rs.2010/-) per passenger.
Helicopter service for Shri Mata Vaishno Devi pigrimage is well known and convenient. The two known aviation companies which provide the helicopter service are – Pawan Hans helicopter service and Global Vectra. The service is available to and from Katra to Sanjichhat. The distance from Sanjichhat to Bhawan is merely 2.75 km and if you don’t fancy to walk up, you can make use of the palki or the poni service available. The Mata Vaishno Devi Darshan Helicopter Service starts from 0800 hrs in the morning to 1700 hrs in the evening. While you are at the pious place you should also make a stop over at the Bhairav temple, as there is a saying that the yatra is incomplete without visiting Bhairav temple.
One of the foremost advantages of coming by the helicopter to the temple is that one can benefit from a VIP darshan and spend a good deal of time in the temple ambiance. It must be noted that the helicopter service would NOT be pertinent during arduous weather. Since the winters could be harsh or unknown of it would be wise to take along some woolen clothes for a pleasant stay.
Guidelines for Availing Helicopter Ticket at “Current Heli-Ticket Counter” :
1. Yatra Registration Slip is mandatory for availing Helicopter ticket at “Current Heli-ticket Counter”.
2. ID Proof of all the members of the family (who intend to avail Heli ticket) will be required for current booking.
3. Proof of travel documents by Air/Train/Bus/Taxi is required like Train/Bus Tickets or any other proof.
4. Yatries shall beware of Touts/Travel Agents taking money for Helicopter Tickets. (Rate of Ticket (one side) Rs.1005/- per person.)
5. The tax rates as applicable shall be charged on the date of Travel at the respective location in Katra/Sanjichhat.
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Online Helicopter Booking Instructions:
Please follow the below-mentioned procedure step-by-step to Book Helicopter Ticket for Shri Mata Vaishno Devi pilgrimage.
- Register yourself as “New Devotee” by signing up on the official website of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board maavaishnodevi.org and create username and password. Yatri can pay the ticket fee online too. There is a provision for paying a ticket fee via credit card, debit card online via authorized payment gateway available on website only. Payment would not be accepted by any other mode.
- Close all links and open this website page again.
- Login with the username and password and then click on Helicopter Services, select Route (Katra-Sanjhichhat or Katra-Sanjhichhat-Katra or Sanjhichhat-Katra), No. of Passenger, Reservation Date etc. and enter other passenger details as per the format.
- At the end click on payment gateway link & open the bank site. Enter credit card number, CVV number (at the back side of credit card) and expiry date.
- If the bank accepts your credit card, then a confirmation message will appear.
- When the transaction is clearly showing up in the Successful Transaction details, then you need not to repeat the same reservation. You just simply take the printout of your reservation by clicking on the re-print option.
(A) The Helicopters shall operate subject to fair climate condition, clear visibility of the range prescribed by the DGCA and clearance by the ATC.
(B) The flight from Katra to Sanjichhat takes a total of approx. 08 minutes.
(C) 5-6 passengers can be accommodated in one flight.
(D) One way fare from Katra to Sanjichhat or Sanjichhat to Katra (Fare Rs.1005/- ) per passenger and Katra-Sanjichhat-Katra (Fare Rs.2010/-) per passenger.
(E) The helipad is approx. 2 Km. from Bus Stand Katra at Udhampur Road. Vaishnodevi Bhawan is approx. 2.5 Km. from Helipad Sanjichhat.
(F) Online Booking once was done, shall not be canceled, Postponed or pre-poned. However, in respect of online booked helicopter tickets for travel on Katra – Sanjichatt- Katra sector, the following policy for the cancellation and refund of helicopter ticket shall apply:
Helicopter tickets booked via Shrine Board Online Booking
Online Helicopter tickets booked through Shrine Board’s website shall be canceled through Online Mode only, which facility is available on Shrine Board’s official website. No request for cancellation of Online helicopter tickets shall be entertained through any mode other than Online cancellation. Request for such cancellation by approaching any of counters of SMVDSB through a physical production of tickets etc. shall not be entertained under any circumstance.
- Yatris who have booked their helicopter tickets through Shrine Board’s official website can cancel their helicopter tickets online by logging on the website with their username and password.
- 50% of the Fare shall be refunded to the Yatris who have booked their helicopter tickets through Shrine Board’s official website and have subsequently canceled their tickets online for whatever reasons. Remaining 50% of the amount for the booked ticket shall accrue to the Shrine Board as processing charges.
- The cancellation can be made upto (and not after) 04 days before the scheduled date of travel.
- The refund shall be made ordinarily by the Shrine Board within 15 days from the date of cancellation of the tickets. The amount of refund shall be reimbursed online into the same account of the Debit/Credit Card through which the transaction was made for booking of the tickets.